We have stopped updating this blog. Kindly visit new blog URL www.simpleveda.com/blog
Ayurveda is a 5,000 year old science of natural and holistic healing that has its origins in the Vedic culture of India. According to Ayurveda, the center of the forehead, or Third Eye, is the seat of intuition, spirituality and healing.
This is a simple, yet profound treatment that works specifically on balancing and stabilizing the activity of the mind. Warm, herbal oil is continuously streamed over the Ajna Chakra or Third Eye, taking the participant on a journey deep within.
- Bring balance and harmony to body, mind and spirit
- Generates a profound state of relaxation in body and mind and relieves stress
- Rejuvenates and opens up the flow of energy in the body
- Stabilizes the nervous system and can help to reduce anxiety, tension, depression and mental disorders.
- Eliminates imbalances of the head affecting the neck, eyes, ears, and nose
- Treats insomnia
- Turns on the body’s healing mechanisms
- Nourishes hair, scalp, and strengthens hair follicles to prevent hair loss and premature graying.
- Replenishes skin oils, regaining natural luster and youthfulness.
- Softens lines and wrinkles on the face by clearing the mind, dissolving stress and relaxing face muscles.
- Activates the pituitary and pineal glands, as well as the hypothalamus, which organize and regulate all hormones in the body.
- Enhances concentration, mental clarity and comprehension.
- Heightens the senses and helps produce endorphins
- Stimulates cognitive memories and increases intuition
Svedana or Swedana means to “sweat” or “perspire”. This treatment is a process of inducing sweat with an exquisite hot herbal steam treatment that will leave you feeling clear, rejuvenated and deeply moisturized. Medicinal herbs like Lavender, Chamomile, Bay Leaf, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, and Lemongrass help to clear the channels, relax the muscles and nurture the senses.
- Makes Your Skin glow and healthy
- Relieves body aches
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps in reducing weight
- Drains toxins from deep tissues
Contact us via email or phone to schedule your appointment.
You can use the tiny but mighty Elderberry recipe as part of your daily defense regimen, or as a powerful remedy if illness does strike. Continue reading
Welcome to SimpleVeda! I’m so glad you’re here!
SimpleVeda was created with a passion for healing the WORLD! In order for me to do that, I had to first heal MYSELF!
My journey began as a yoga student and then led to becoming a yoga teacher. As a yoga teacher the common question I received from my students was, “what do you eat?” Geez, do I really tell them? This common question forced me look at my eating habits and question IF what I was eating was the best choice for my mind and body.
After seeing an Ayurvedic practitioner in 2005 I began to understand my digestion and what foods resonated with my body and which ones didn’t. Through this process I was able to lose weight, reduce many digestive disturbances that I thought were “normal”, and begin what I call my “Spiritual Journey”.
After 3 years of self study, I decided I wanted to know more about Ayurveda, beyond what foods to eat and which ones to avoid. I wanted to understand this ancient science that the yogis lived by for thousands of years! It had to be more than just what you eat!
In 2009 I graduated from the California College of Ayurveda in Grass Valley, CA where I learned the deeper dimensions of Ayurveda. It was the most amazing journey I’ve been on! Living this lifestyle has bettered my life and the lives of my family. I feel so fortunate to be teaching this to my 2 year old son!
In today’s society we are inundated with responsibilities and the amount of stress on American’s is gross. Every day we get caught up in the dramas of life and we get lost. Ayurveda is THE pathway to find your true Self. Ayurveda creates a balanced life; it will help you to slow down while still being productive, it will reduce the aging process, it reduces the impact of stress, it will lead to an understanding of WHO you are and your purpose!
In Divine Health,